Welcome to B’nai Israel
B‘nai Israel Synagogue in Grand Forks, North Dakota is a small but vibrant congregation that provides lifelong opportunities for spiritual growth and learning based on modern Jewish values.
Our members represent a variety of Jewish traditions and backgrounds, and come from Grand Forks, the Grand Forks Air Base, the University of North Dakota and surrounding communities.
Members of every Jewish denomination are welcome to attend our services, as are non-Jewish visitors. Please introduce yourself so we can answer any questions you may have. If you’d like to arrange a group visit, please contact us in advance at email@example.com .
- Sunday, Sept. 29, 7:30 PM: Erev Rosh Hashana service. Oneg to follow.
- Monday, Sept. 30, 10:00 AM: Rosh Hashana Morning Service. Congregation goes to lunch together following service.
- 5:00 PM: Taschlich at Lincoln Park Boat Ramp (MAP)
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, 7:30 PM: Kol Nidre – Erev Yom Kippur
- Wednesday, Oct. 9, 10:00 AM: Yom Kippur Morning Service. Adult education discussion follows service
- 4:00 PM: Mincha Service
- 5:30 PM: Yizkhor & Neilah Services
- Break-the-fast meal follows the service, approximately 6:30 pm. Please come join us, even if you weren’t able to attend services.
No tickets or reservations needed.
Helping by Hosting
There are many volunteer opportunities to help at B’nai Israel. Two of these are to host the student rabbi for Shabbat dinner, and to provide the Oneg after Shabbat service.
Shabbat dinner can be in your home or at a local restaurant. The host is expected to pick up the student’s tab, but other guests you invite will pay their own.
The Oneg need not be elaborate. A challah and other light refreshments (fruit, cookies,etc) will be appreciated.
Keep in touch with the Newsletter and social media.
What is Rosh Hashanah?