[B'nai Israel] Reminders!

B'nai Israel Bulletin via Bulletin bulletin at bnaiisraelnd.org
Tue Mar 17 11:55:10 CDT 2015

Good Morning,

Please be reminded of the community happenings this evening at the Empire, outlined below our congregation announcements.

We are pleased to invite you to Shabbat services on Friday evening, March 20 at 7:00pm. Student Rabbi Ari Naveh will be leading services.

Saturday, we will have Torah Study at 1:00pm and Adult Education at 2:00pm. Children's Education will be at 10:00am on Sunday.

Our annual Passover Seder will be on Saturday, April 4. Full details and RSVP are available online. Please RSVP early, as this popular event has had exceptional attendance in years past.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b4da4a928a3fc1-community

Thanks, and have a great day!

ANNOUNCEMENT

The B’nai Israel Synagogue board voted to lend its support to a protest happening this Tuesday downtown at the Empire Theater.
The evangelical Christian speaker, Usama K.
Dakdok, was sponsored to speak against Islam by a local Christian radio station, Q-FM, and details of the event were also reported in the

Monday issue of the Grand Forks Herald.

UND’s Muslim Student Organization has led an effort to organize a protest against
Dakdok’s message, and what he asserts is the truth about their religious beliefs.
Those who may wish to join the protest can refer to the two additional “interfaith” flyers attached to this message for more details and organizational meetings.

I intend to participate in the organization meeting this evening (Monday) taking place at the dance studio of “The Lovely Dozen,” at
311 South 4th Street, at 7PM.
I will also try to attend the actual (silent) protest on Tuesday, intended for 5:30-6:30PM (prior to the start of this event) outside the Empire Theater.

Those who also wish to participate individually or as part of this organized protest are encouraged to do so.
 You may refer to the attached documents, or contact me or the event organizers for more information.

Victor Lieberman
President
B’nai Israel Synagogue